Why is my monitor screen flickering?
Check Your Cables
- Whether you’re using a VGA, HDMI, DVI cable to connect your monitor to a computer.
- If the cable isn’t firmly connected, it might cause your PC monitor to flicker.
- We suggest you check both ends of the cable to see if they are firmly connected & secured. It could also be a faulty cable so be sure to check it.
Test The Monitor
- There might be something with the monitor itself. Check for any physical damage, the onboard buttons and check the settings.
- If all seems in order, it might be the monitor.
- Test a new monitor, if it works, you know it was the monitor and not your PC. If the new monitor is giving problems as well, then you can follow these next steps to check.
Screen Flickering Test
- Open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time. You can also right-click on your taskbar and select Task Manager.
- You won’t be using Task Manager but you need it to be open.
If you find the above options have not resolved your concern, please do not hesitate to create a ticket.
See other articles in Troubleshooting
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!