Why is my laptop headphone jack not working?
- Dust, lint and dirt may block the connection between the jack and the headphone. Gently clean the jack with a dry cloth to remove any dust
- Your headphones may have an inline audio control that works independently of Windows’ sound controls. If so, check that the volume is loud enough for you to hear. You can also check the computer’s volume controls by right-clicking Sound icon on your taskbar (speaker icon) and select the Open Volume Mixer option. Slide to adjust the sound for your headphones up for you to hear it.
- Ensure your headphone jack is properly plugged in. you can also unplug and plug them back in to push it in all the way until you feel it click.
- Right-click on your audio driver and select Update Driver.
- Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If Windows can find an updated driver, it will automatically download and install the update to your computer.
- Restart your PC and test if the headphones or headphone jack issue is solved.
Please create a ticket if the above options have not resolved your concern and our team will respond shortly.
See other articles in Windows
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback!